Sunday, October 11, 2015

How to line a crochet bag


Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by !
This is a tutorial with photos on how to line a crochet bag. I had to line my Wildflower Shoulder Bag  and then I added a zipper. I have a sewing machine but you can sew it by hand too, it's not complicated.







What you'll need:
fabric of your choice
zipper 
needle and thread 
scissors

The wall of the lining 

The fabric should be the width and height of your bag + a couple inches on the sides and top
Basically you'll do the same shape of the bag with the fabric.
You'll need two rectangles like this for the walls of the lining.





Big pocket




Then a piece of fabric for the big pocket that will have two compartments . The size of it is as big or small as you like.







Little pocket



Another piece for the little pocket on the other side.
Here you can see how I fold the sides two times before sewing it to the wall of the lining. That's the same for the other pocket as well as when sewing the walls to the bottom.





Bottom



This is the bottom of the bag. I'm sorry I don't have a photo before sewing it , I forgot :P
I cut this piece the same shape as the base of the bag leaving the extra inch for when sewing it to the other pieces.





After cutting all the pieces to their right size you need to sew them together. Start with sewing the pockets on the right side of the fabric.



Then take the two pieces and put them right sides facing and sew them together folding in the sides two times. To make it easier put safety pins onto it before sewing. Do the same thing for the bottom.
To attach the zipper you need to make sure you put it at the right height of the fabric. Mine was a bit higher than the bag so I had to leave one inch at the top. Also you need to check the length of the zipper. If it's a bit larger , like mine, it's okay, that end will be in between the lining and the bag and it won't be seen. Put it at the right place and add safety pins. 







The last thing now is to sew the lining to the top of the bag. Put it inside of the bag and pin it with safety pins before sewing it. I sewed it right under the strap rings. If your bag doesn't have those rings you can sew it higher if you like.








And you're done ! 




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial !
Like it, share it or leave me a comment, I would like to hear back from you! Until next time , I hope you have a great day ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment